Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Friday, December 17, 2010

Dual-core LG Optimus 2X announced


Earlier this week, LG unveiled their long-rumored dual core phone, the Optimus 2X. The device packs a remarkable amount of power into a thin housing. It features a 4" screen, Tegra 2 dual-core processor (read: insanely fast), full 1080p recording and playback via HDMI, 8MP camera, 1.3MP front camera, and a high-res screen. It is running Android 2.2, but LG promises updates "in due course."



The Optimus 2X will launch in Korea next month, followed by other European and Asian markets. When and if it makes it to the states is likely up to LG's partnership with US carriers...and you know how that goes.

I'm usually not a fan of keyboard-less phones...but I have to admit, this might push me over the top. That thing just looks so nice, so thin, and the specs are beyond impressive. If this ever makes it to the US...I might be tempted.



I agree with Ryan that this phone looks awesome. I still don't think I would want one because, as I said before, four inches is just too big for me. Plus, by the time this ever makes it to the US, it'll probably be an antique, so I'm not really holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment