Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Angry Birds coming to Android this Friday


Angry Birds is an extremely popular game for the iPhone and WebOS. The developers, Rovio, has said that an Android version is coming, and they recently put up information about signing up for a beta. The beta would be limited to people who signed up, and a real version would come later.

That's now changed for the better. The company stated in a blog post that response to the beta sign up was so overwhelming that they decided to make the beta available to everyone directly through the Android Market. The post says that the game will run on "second generation Android devices and upward," so it's not clear exactly what the hardware requirements will be.



The company didn't say whether the beta would cost or not, but it's safe to assume that once the full version is released, it won't be free. The iPhone version costs 99 cents, and the WebOS version costs $1.99, so it's likely that the Android version will be priced similarly.

Click here to watch a trailer of Angry Birds to see how gameplay works. And get this: the game is so popular, that Rovio's CEO recently said in an interview, that they were in talks with major Hollywood studios for a possible TV show or even movie based on the game. TRYFX4U6S5QB

I've heard that this is a really fun, really addicting game and I'm curious to try it myself. I don't play many games on my phone, and I buy even fewer paid games, but I've heard nothing but awesome things about Angry Birds, so if it only costs a dollar or two, I'll probably buy it. Whether or not it works on my rooted G1 remains to be seen. If it doesn't, I'll just have to wait until I get the G2 to give it a try. :-)



Ooh, I love games! Especially little time-waster puzzle games where I can just play a level or two when I'm bored. I'd probably get hooked on this one--it looks addictive. Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment