Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Android weekend rumor recap



Welcome to another edition of the weekend rumor recap! This is where we discuss the best Android rumors of the past week, along with our thoughts on them. To follow the rumors in a more real-time fashion, we recommend any of the great Android blogs listed on the side of this site. Keep reading for the rumors!



First up is a rumor from Android and Me suggesting that Honeycomb will be version 2.4, rather than 3.0, which will be saved for a more substantial upgrade. The rumor also says that Honeycomb will be unveiled at MWC in February.
Ryan says: While I like the site, I don't really trust Android and Me as the best source of news. They've been wrong many times before, so I'll believe this when I see it.
Shelsy says: I don't really know what the difference is between 2.4 and 3.0--the whole numbering thing seems a little arbitrary to me, anyway, like they just make up whatever number they want. I also don't know how reliable that site's information is, but if it's true, then I guess it's a bummer that we'll have to wait a really long time for the "exciting" update.




Next is a rumor from Android Guys saying that Motorola is planning on releasing two more rugged devices next year. They launched the Defy on T-Mobile earlier this year, which is a water resistant, dust proof, drop-resistant device that still manages to be thin and capable.
Ryan says: The Defy is a surprisingly nice device. Usually rugged phones are thick and ugly, but the Defy manages to pull it off. So I definitely think Motorola can do it again, and I'm curious to see what they have planned.
Shelsy says: YES!!!! This is definitely the direction I want phones to be heading. My indestructible camera is so awesome. Having a phone that's (somewhat) indestructible just makes so much sense. I wouldn't have to stress if it falls into my toddler's hands, I would be able to take it with me to the pool in the summer, and dropping it wouldn't cause a minor panic attack. So many people have their phones on them all the time, but they're so fragile that it just means we constantly have to worry about something happening to them.



And...that's it. Only two juicy rumors this week, but who knows what next week will bring. Be sure to check back next weekend for another batch of Android rumors!

No comments:

Post a Comment