Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Samsung Galaxy Tab now official


And just like that, the previously rumored and photographed Samsung tablet is now very official. The company just launched a teaser website and video listing some brief details of the 7-inch Android 2.2 tablet, called the Galaxy Tab. It will be launched next week at IFA in Germany. The video shows very little actual details, and the promo website only has the video for now. The video teases features like augmented reality and video calling, meaning it probably has two cameras (vs. the iPad's zero cameras). It also has Google Maps Navigation, meaning GPS is also included. So there's definitely reason to be excited.




This makes the Tab the first Android-based Tablet from a major manufacturer, and the first with real Google support behind it. We'll know more next week. (source: Android Community)

Android tablets are going to be big this year, and that alone is exciting. I don't particularly feel the need to get one myself, but they could definitely prove useful and I'll probably change my mind when I see one. :-) Of course, any tablet is likely to be too expensive for me, and I don't like the idea of signing a carrier contract for one. So I probably won't actually be getting one, but I'm very, very curious to see them in person. Won't be long now.



Well... um, it looks like a tablet. I don't know what else to say. It could be cool. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment