Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Friday, August 20, 2010

Pictures of the T-Mobile G2 in the wild


Mere hours ago, Engadget got their hands on some exclusive pictures of the upcoming T-Mobile G2. Very little new information came along with the photos, except confirmation that it does indeed have a physical keyboard, and that it has a 3.7" screen.

These are the only real pictures of the device so far. Engadget has several more, so be sure to visit their two posts here and here to see them all. One of the pictures clearly shows how it has a very unique slider mechanism that appears to raise up and back down during opening. The original G1, of course, also had a unique, sideways hinging slider.




Personally, I think it looks excellent. The fact that it's only a 4 row keyboard bothers me a little bit, but not too much. It looks like it's extremely thin and sleek, which is especially nice for those of us still using G1s...which aren't really known for being svelte. The hinge looks very interesting, but HTC has a history of strong hinges, and this one appears to be intended to reduce bulk. I'll have to feel it in person to be sure, but it definitely shows promise.

All other specs and such are still unknown, so I won't comment on them. Suffice it to say that there are a lot of people who have been waiting for a phone with these specs to come to T-Mobile. This looks to finally be the G1 successor we've been waiting for. I'll be getting one for sure, and I can't wait to learn more about it.



I think this looks awesome. I'm very excited to play with it in person. The 3.7" screen will be a nice step up from the G1 screen size, and I think it will still fit in my pockets without too much trouble. I'll have to test that one out in the store. In one of the other pictures on the Engadget site it clearly shows a camera with a flash, which is another one of my requirements in a phone.

But I love the sleek look and how much thinner it is than the G1. And the four row keyboard doesn't bother me. I don't type numbers often enough for it to be a huge hassle that they're not on their own row. I'm actually very supportive of a four row keyboard if it helps keep the design trim. I'm curious to see how the hinge feels in my hands. I'm very curious to see what else we'll learn about this phone in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment