Pages


T-Mobile G2: His Review | Her Review

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Android weekend rumor recap


Another week, another batch of rumors. We're getting ever closer to the holiday season, meaning these rumors are going to intensify over the coming months. Stick with us and we'll give you a nice weekly summary to help you make sense of it all. Keep reading for the rumors!


First up is a rumor about HTC's upcoming 10" tablet. Codenamed the HTC Puccini, a new rumor from Pocketnow says that it will launch on AT&T in the coming months and will go by the name HTC Jetstream. Price, release date, and all that good stuff remains unknown.
Ryan says: Tablets should be sold without contract. The fact that they are continually sold in the US with carrier and contract partners is very sad.
Shelsy says: I'm pretty bored with news of tablets. None of them seem really remarkable, and like Ryan said, the fact that they're all sold on contract seriously deters me from ever wanting one.



Everyone knows another Nexus device is coming soon, but details about it are very scarce. Now, however, we have a fresh rumor suggesting that the device will be called the Nexus Prime, will be released as soon as October, and will include an 720 HD screen. Price details are, of course, unknown.
Ryan says: I'm actually seriously considering this for my next phone, even though it's almost guaranteed to lack a real keyboard. Though, if trends with the last Nexus hold and the new one lacks a notification light, SD card slot, and stuff like that, then I'll probably pass.
Shelsy says: There doesn't seem to be enough to go on right now. I'm not in love with Samsung, and I don't think I would be too thrilled with a button-less design, but I guess that makes me sound old-fashioned!



In more Samsung news, the company has announced that they'll be holding a special event on September 1 to show off some exciting new stuff. Some people think we'll see that rumored Nexus at this event, while others think we might see an updated 7" tablet.
Ryan says: The 7" tablets don't get enough love in the "let's copy the iPad" world. Personally, I really like that 7" screen size, so I'd love to see a new device like that from a big company like Samsung.
Shelsy says: I would definitely expect to hear about the Nexus at this event, especially if they really are planning to release it in October.



Earlier this week, Engadget got an exclusive photo of an upcoming Motorola device that we haven't seen before. Apparently called the Droid HD (and destined for Verizon), the device looks to be remarkably thin, have a 4.3" screen, a 1080p camera, and...that's about all we know.
Ryan says: It's crazy that a device would first leak in pictures like this without so much as a mention or rumor before now. Even still, this looks like a super nice device, even if it is headed to Verizon.
Shelsy says: I was about to say something about how I don't care for Motorola, but I guess I'll probably be changing my stance on that soon. Verizon makes it a definite "no" for me, but phone itself sounds nice.



Lastly, the previously rumored HTC Ruby got a new rumor this week. According to Pocketnow, the device might be called the HTC Amaze when it goes on sale. The device is rumored to land on T-Mobile in the US sometime in October.
Ryan says: Looks nice.
Shelsy says: Yep...sounds good. I won't be buying it, but it sounds good.



That does it for this week, folks. Next week looms ahead, what rumors will it bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment